After eight years of exemplary service in providing quality commerce education, SICC has now introduced a three-year program in Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (BBA), an undergraduate program, affiliated to Utkal University. Apart from the prescribed University Syllabus, SICC offers various Value Added Programs and Certificate Courses to make students competent in the competitive world. The education imparted at SICC mold the aspirants into capable and responsible human beings. The undergraduate program of BBA is a platform to wing young minds with a positive attitude and empower them to emerge as excellent performers. It provides rigorous training in Business Management encompassing areas such as General Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management and Finance. The emphasis is on contemporary issues affecting business and problem solving, such as management of change within an increasingly dynamic environment and the development of business skills across organizations and sectors. SICC offers a state-of-the-art business education and provides opportunities for personal development and professional growth.
A variety of modern teaching and learning methods are used to impart knowledge and skills in the students by highly qualified and experienced faculty from across the country for high quality professional management education.
- Regular seminars, workshops, guest lectures, case studies, group discussion and presentations are done for the holistic development of the students.
- Students’ exchange programs with partner colleges in various foreign universities are initiated to elevate the standards of learning, make students better understand the global scenario and help them to comprehend the international corporate approach. They also get an opportunity to be mentored by international business experts.
- Students are taken for industrial tours, to develop and enhance their understanding of the manufacturing industry and its working mechanisms.
- To enhance the leadership skills the students are taken for leadership and adventure camps.
- A strict curriculum aligned with industry standards are adhered to for best results.
- Class tests, quizzes, debates etc., are used to develop conceptual and analytical skill so that students can face the challenges of the corporate world.
- Regular personalised emotional and career counseling sessions are conducted for students who need guidance and support.
Candidates should have passed in the qualifying examinations (Pre University or Intermediate) from any recognised Secondary Education Board.
3 years split into 6 semesters
The programme offers an optimum blend of theory and practice to provide a sound foundation in general business management with specializations in the areas of choice. The programme also aims to develop the student’s independent thinking, decision–making capability and research aptitude. Learning is enhanced through many pedagogical tools like case studies, presentations, internships, research projects, industrial visits and guest lectures from a pool of industry experts and veteran academicians.
- To provide high quality professional management education.
- To enable the students to meet the managerial challenges of the 21st century.
- To focus on the holistic development of the student with conceptual clarity, analytical ability, critical thinking and communication skills.
- To prepare young minds with a positive attitude for excellent performance and committed service.
- To facilitate the entrepreneurial journey of students by providing them with breadth and depth of knowledge required to start a business.
- To develop management professionals who are able to leverage theoretical knowledge with designing sustainable solutions for the real world.
- Experiential learning through industry visits
- Management Fests
- Industry review project and Entrepreneurial development project
- Global Internship Programme
- Workshop and Training Programmes
- Community Development Programmes.
- Soft-skills and Personality Development sessions by in-house faculty and external experts to improve the employability of the students
- Assignments, group activities, presentations, role-plays and projects to encourage industry centric learning.
- Industry oriented development programme to gain first hand knowledge about corporate world.
- Expert Lectures – Inviting subject experts and scholars from various institutions of repute to deliver value added lectures which help students to think out of the box and bring a paradigm shift in their approach towards management practices.
- Corporate Talks – For understanding the application of concepts, the corporate honchos are invited to share their experience.
- Seminars and Symposiums – Student-led seminars and symposiums are organised for the academics and professional enhancement.
- Personality Development Programmes – It trains students on the essential skills like communication, leadership, building self esteem & confidence, critical thinking & problem solving, stress & conflict management, social etiquettes, prioritization etc.
- Research Projects – To promote participant-centered learning, students handle field study projects on specific topics from different areas of management.
- Mentoring Sessions – Faculty members are assigned a small group of students for closely guiding, monitoring and improving their academic performance.
- Value-added Courses -The College in collaboration with professional bodies imparts coaching for CAT and Certificate programs for Tally.
- Summer Internship – Certified Internship Programs make the students future ready as efficient learners of the corporate culture and Industry.
To instill confidence in the Global Diaspora, short-term courses, workshops, seminars and Internships at Foreign Universities and companies are conducted. Working with Corporate Hubs from developed economies like Singapore, Hong- Kong, Russia, Sri-Lanka, and Dubai empowers the students to walk the extra mile beyond the competition.